I was not a big holiday baking person until I met my husband and his mom. My now Mother-in-law is a big baker and I have learned a lot of great recipes and traditions from her over the last 10 years. One of my favorite holiday baking tradition that I got from her and my husband loves is baking Pecan Snowball Cookies. Amazing butter cookies that are covered in powdered sugar! YUM!
Holiday Baking and Holiday preparations have begun in our home. The Pecan Snowball Cookies were first on my TO BAKE list for a bake sale at our church. I know that these yummy morsels will be a hit! In "one stop shopping fashion" I picked up Christmas wrapping paper, dinner and Land O' Lakes Butter sticks for my Pecan Snowball Cookies at Walmart on my way home from work. Not only are these cookies really great to eat but they are really great to bring to any holiday party you are invited too. They can be made in about 40 minutes too! Everyone needs a good baking recipe for the holidays that is easy!
Here is how you make these super yummy, perfect for the holidays Pecan Snowball Cookies! Enjoy!
Pecan Snowball Cookies
Free Printable Recipe here.
2 Cups - all purpose flour
2 Cups - Finely chopped pecans
1/4 cup - sugar
1 cup - Land O Lakes Butter, softened
1 teaspoon - Vanilla
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
2. Mix together all of the ingredients - expect for the powdered sugar - in a large mixing bowl. Mix on low until mixed well.
3. Shape the dough into 1 inch balls. Place the cookies on an ungreased cookie sheet.
4. Bake for 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
5. Let cool for about 5 minutes.
6. Roll the cookies in the powdered sugar and let completely cool after the cookie is coated in the powdered sugar.
7. Once cool - sprinkle more powdered sugar over the cookies.
Land O'Lakes want to give all of you Holiday Baking lovers a chance to win this holiday season! You could WIN at $250.00 Walmart Gift Card! All you have to do is enter this Pinterest Contest! I really hope one of my readers wins! So go enter now!! Also if you need some Holiday Baking Recipes - check out the Land O' Lakes Butter Recipes here.
1. Follow Land O’Lakes on Pinterest, user: LandoLakesKtchn
2. Enter your email in the form and click “Enter”
3. Pin the image to any of your Pinterest Boards
4. Visit the Holiday Treats Board and share your favorites (the CB socially board!)
1 Winner will be selected at random and they can only enter once! This Contest Runs 11/25/2013 - 01/14/2014.