CopyCat Texas Roadhouse Rolls & Butter Recipe
Free Printable Recipe here.
For the rolls -
1 packet of instant yeast (about 2 1/4 tsp)
1/4 cup warm water
1 cup whole milk (warm milk and then let it get to room temp before use)
1/4 cup sugar
3 Tbsp melted butter
1 large egg
1 tsp salt
3 1/2 cups all purpose floor
For the butter -
1 stick unsalted butter at room temperature
1/4 cup powdered sugar
1/4 cup honey
1 tsp cinnamon
For the Rolls -
1. Using an electric mixer with a dough hook attachment, stir the yeast, water, milk, sugar, butter, egg and salt until well combined.
2. Gradually add the flour - continue mixing using the hook attachment until the dough pulls away from the sides of the bowl.
3. Turn off the mixer and let the dough rest for 5 minutes.
4. Continue to knead the dough on medium speed for another 5 minutes. If the dough is too sticky add a couple Tbsp of flour.
5. Put the dough into a large bowl. Cover the bowl with a towel and let the dough rise until doubled in size. It took about 45 minutes for mine.
6. After it is doubled in size, punch down. Using a rolling pin roll the dough into a 1 inch thick square. Cut the dough into 2 inch squares. Put the squares onto a baking sheet. Cover your baking sheet with a towel and let the square rise for another 45 minutes.
7. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bake the rolls for about 15 minutes. Do not over bake! Serve Warm!
1. Using a whisk attachment for an electric mixer add the room temperature butter and beat for 30 seconds.
2. Add the powdered sugar, honey and cinnamon and beat until well combined. The butter should be light and fluffy! It took about 3 minutes for mine to be just right!
3. Serve with your warm Texas Roadhouse Rolls!