A day all about swimming. A day about having fun in the water but being safe and educated too! This summer is going to be a lot of fun for our family. We have a couple of family trips planed that will include a lot of swimming. Jude just passed his Level One swimming class on Sunday night which means he is ready for Level Two!! So exciting! Yay Jude!! He is doing great but we have a lot to teach him still.
Here are some great tips from the folks at Teach Me To Swim.
- Get your child comfortable in the water at an early age.
- Introduce your child to the water using a baby float designed to help children feel comfortable and build water confidence, like the SwimWays Baby Spring Float
- Once your child is ready to learn to swim, use a graduated flotation device, such as SwimWays’ Swim Steps Power Swimr
- While you may feel your little one has the skills to swim unassisted, remember it takes a lot of courage to traverse the water without help
- It’s often beneficial for a child to ease into swimming with a little extra support, like a kickboard, before taking their first solo strokes
- National Learn to Swim Day is an opportunity for families to learn about the importance and benefits of learning to swim before Memorial Day Weekend and the start of summer
- Never leave your child unattended in or near the water. Teach children to understand that they must always ask for permission before they go near the water
Those are some great tips and things to think about as it warms up for poolside fun. If you are like us we are not quite ready to be outside swimming so we are going to celebrate a different way! Check out this fun Coloring Contest that you can find on Teach Me to Swim.com!
National Learn to Swim Day Coloring Contest – As a part of the National Learn to Swim Day celebration, SwimWays is hosting a coloring contest. Kids can create their own artistic masterpiece by simply downloading a coloring sheet from TeachMetoSwim.com for the chance to win a pool prize pack, which includes a Swim Steps item, pool toy and Spring Float! Three winners will be selected, and the contest runs through May 31st. We hope you’ll share this fun contest with your readers to give them the chance to win prizes that will help teach their children how to swim this summer.
Jude isn't the only one moving forward this summer with swimming. Teagan is a total water baby. She LOVES her swimming class and probably enjoys jumping into the pool more than anything. I cannot wait to have the sun shinning so we can set up the pool in the backyard and let Teagan enjoy the kiddie pool! Come on summer!!
Coupon lovers! Check out this fantastic deal from SwimWays! Get Poolside ready with this great coupon!!
15% Off Coupon – Just in time for summer fun, SwimWays is offering a 15% off digital coupon on items in the Swim Training category on SwimWays.com. Enter coupon code SWIMSTEPS at check out to receive your discount. Expires .
I am so excited to be on the "Swim Team" this year with SwimWays! Please follow us through our 2014 Swimming journey!! Check out the other Swim Team Ambassadors below!
TeachMetoSwim.com – I’m excited to let you know that the 2014 Swim Team ambassadors have been profiled on TeachMetoSwim.com. This is a great way for SwimWays fans to connect with your blog, please click here to view the line up.