Disclosure: This is a sponsored post. I was compensated to create this project, but the opinions in this post are 100% my own.
I have a very curious and crafty boy. While on vacation we saw a HUGE Time Capsule in a local mountain town and Jude had questions for days about this thing. It was a fun discussion to have with him and after some searching I found a DIY Time Capsule craft for kids on the Dollar Tree Value Seekers Club on the Dollar Tree website. First of all, I was so excited to have an idea for Jude to create his own Time Capsule but secondly, I was also excited to find this great site for my crafty side! Added it to my favorites immediately!!!
How to create your own Time Capsule!
With the Dollar Tree Value Seekers Club I was able to see exactly what was needed to make this Time Capsule a hit! I was able to get all of my supplies at Dollar Tree which made my wallet happy and my kiddo super excited when I walked in the house with our supplies! I did change up this idea a little bit; the Dollar Tree idea was for the first day of school Time Capsule (Check out The Value Seekers Club website for those instructions). Instead of that we just did a Time Capsule all about Jude.
Materials for your Time Capsule:
- 1 container that seals (I found this jug in the kitchen section of Dollar Tree)
- Construction paper
- Photo (obviously not found in the store!)
- Any other trinkets or memories your child can "give up" for a year!
- Time Capsule Printable (FREE)
1. Have your child decorate the Time Capsule. We used stickers.
2. Trace the hand of your child on construction paper and write the date and name on the hand print.
3. Make an easy picture frame with construction paper.
4. Have your child make a piece of artwork for the capsule. (Jude used superhero stickers on construction paper as his art.)
5. Fill out the FREE Time Capsule printable with information about the child doing the Time Capsule.
6. Put everything into the jug or container and seal it up!
7. Find a safe place to bury the Time Capsule. Decide what date you will be waiting to open it.
We had such a good time doing this craft and activity. It brought a lot of discussion to our craft table. We talked about waiting a WHOLE YEAR (a long time for a toddler) to open it and see how much he has changed and grown. Such a cool project for all ages – and maybe a new summer tradition for us? I am very excited to continue to look at all the great ideas from the Dollar Tree Value Seekers Club - I see our family doing a lot of great crafts in the coming weeks!
Time for you to join the fun and become a FREE Dollar Tree Value Seekers Club Member so you can start to enjoy the crafts, recipes, decor, tips, contests frugal fun ideas and so much more! You will not be disappointed! For those of you that like to do lots of fun activities it is important to know that the content of the site changes every month! Get to crafting! Project sheets can be saved or printed as well, which makes my shopping trips so much easier at Dollar Tree!
If you find creative inspiration at Dollar Tree, you will appreciate the Value Seeker Club projects, and joining is easy! I want to give one of my readers a jump start at getting crafty and creative! I am giving away a $50 Dollar Tree gift card to one of my lucky readers!!
Giveaway is open from August 6 - August 22, 2014 12AM MST.
Winner will be drawn on 8/22/2014 and emailed. Must be 18 years or older to win.