Pumpkin Spice Lattes are back, that means it is time to start thinking all things fall!! YES! My favorite season of the year for so many reasons. The weather is perfect (especially here in Colorado), the smells of autumn food begins to fill my kitchen, the changing colors make me smile and the Fall decorations looks amazing in our home. There is something comforting about orange, yellow and red decor.
I decided to branch out of my normal decorations this year and get creative. I might have a slight obsession with Mason Jar crafts and decor which led me to this easy yet simply perfect Fall Centerpiece.
Painted Mason Jars: Fall Centerpieces
When I first thought about doing a Mason Jar centerpiece I wasn't really happy with the idea of a clear jar. That is when I decided I could paint the Mason Jar with acrylic paint and then get even more crafty by making the paint an antique finish. While this all sounds hard, I promise you it is not! The hardest part is waiting for the paint to dry!
Mason Jar - any size of your choice, CLEAN or NEW
Silk flowers, wheat and twigs in fall colors
100 Grit Sandpaper
100 Grit Sandpaper
Acrylic Paint - in your color choice
1. Before painting the jars make sure they are either brand new OR that you have cleaned the with rubbing alcohol before painting. This will insure that the paint will stick.
2. Mix your paint to the color or colors you desire. I personally wanted to do two different colors of green so I made a lighter and a darker version.
3. Paint the first coat of paint onto the jars. Turn jars over on their tops to make sure you get every part of the jar painted. Start at the top of the jar and work your way down using long strokes. Let dry for 2 hours and then apply your second coat of paint to each jar, repeating the steps above.
4. Once the jar is completely dry you can begin the antiquing process. I let my jars dry overnight to be safe.
5. Take the sandpaper and sand the jar in random places. I also made sure to sand off the paint on the BALL logo to the glass. This allows for a more attention to that logo.
6. Tie twine around the neck of the jar for decoration. Then add your silk arrangements to the jar. Now you have your own Painted Mason Jar Fall Centerpiece! Perfect for the season!
I absolutely love these jars. They are so simple yet add a great fall touch to our living room.
How do you incorporate the Fall Season in your home decor?