Halloween is just around the corner and I love to start new traditions around the holidays for our family. I remember Halloween night in my home growing up as a mad dash to get dressed and fed before hitting the streets for some Trick or Treat fun.
About 95% of those Halloween dinners consisted of hot dogs. Hot Dogs are one of my favorite meals, especially on the grill, however living in Colorado a lot of the time we are stomping through snow piles when Trick or Treating. This means grilling is probably out of the question! HA! Hot Dogs for Halloween Dinner is something that I am continuing in our home BUT we are getting creative with our Protein!
I found some great deals on some great Hillshire Brand protein products at my local Safeway. Do you shop at Safeway? WHY NOT! You must start today and before you hit the store make sure you download the Just 4 U app and start saving money with out having to clip real coupons! SUPER EASY! With the help of this app I was able to save money on our newest Halloween tradition!
I told you I was going to get creative with these Hot Dogs. What do you think of these? My kids love them! A fun Halloween spin off on the traditional pig in a blanket! Oh and super easy too!
Halloween Mummy DogsFree Printable Recipe here.
Skewers (soaked in water before baking)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Prep baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Put Skewers into Hot Dogs.
3. Lay out Crescent Dough. Remove seams of dough to make one large rectangle of dough.
4. Using a pizza slicer; slice dough into long skinny strips.
5. Wrap Hot Dogs with dough. Do not cover entire Hot Dog, for the right look leave spots of the Hot Dog showing. Allow some space for the Mustard Eyes at the top of the Hot Dog.
6. Lay on baking pan. Bake for 14-16 minutes.
7. Once baked add the Mustard eyes. You could use ketchup or relish as well. Serve and enjoy hot!
I am so happy with how these turned out and the kids absolutely think these are the coolest! They only take about 35 minutes to complete so this is a must do on Halloween night before the kiddos head out for some Halloween fun. Simple tradition turned into something that will make the kids smile.
Make sure you stock up on your ecoupons from Safeway from J4U (Just 4 U) and you can get some amazing coupons for more Hillshire products! It is so easy to use - "clip" the coupon to your Safeway club card and save money! BOOM!!
- Hillshire Farm Smoked Sausage -$.55/1 - Products: Hillshire Farm Rope and Link Sausage, American Craft Links
- Hillshire Farm Cocktails (Lil Smokies) - $.55/1
- Jimmy Dean Refrigerated Sausage -$.55/1 Roll Sausage, Fully Cooked Crumbles, Links and Patties
- Jimmy Dean Frozen -$1/1 - Frozen Breakfast (Delights or Red Box)
- State Fair Corn Dogs - $1/1
- Ball Park Hot Dogs -$.55/1 - Ball Park Hot Dogs or Park’s Finest from Ball Park
All of these items are things we shop for almost weekly!
Need some more inspiration to get into the kitchen? Check out these Hillshire Brand inspired recipes now!
What are your favorite recipes for Hot Dogs or Sausage?