7 Layer Pea Salad
Free Printable Recipe Here
1 head of iceberg lettuce, torn up in bite size pieces
3 hard boiled eggs, sliced
small bag of frozen peas
red onion, diced
1/2 cup sliced celery
green pepper, diced
1/2 cup bacon, pieces
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
3 cups MIRACLE WHIP
2 TBSP Garlic Powder
4 TBSP sugar
Salt and Pepper to taste
1. Prepare all veggies as directed.
2. Using a trifle bowl/dish or a deep serving bowl create layers with the ingredients.
3. Begin the layers with the torn up iceberg lettuce.
4. Top lettuce with sliced eggs and some salt and pepper.
5. Top eggs with frozen peas.
6. Top peas with onion.
7. Top onion with celery.
8. Top celery with the green pepper.
9. In a small mixing bowl combine the MIRACLE WHIP, sugar and garlic powder. Mix well!
10. Top green pepper with the MIRACLE WHIP mixture. Completely cover the veggies with this mixture. Using a wooden spoon, smooth out the mixture.
11. Top MIRACLE WHIP mixture with bacon.
12. Top bacon with shredded cheddar cheese.
13. Cover dish with foil or plastic wrap and refrigerate the salad for at least 8 hours.
14. Once refrigerated for at least 8 hours it is ready to enjoy! Yum!
KRAFT MIRACLE WHIP can be found at Walmart and you can also stock up on KRAFT MIRACLE WHIP for holiday leftovers - my grandma taught to always use MIRACLE WHIP on our leftover turkey sandwiches! Yum! The smell instantly brings me back to my grandma's kitchen. Delicious!
Isn't it so pretty? Almost too pretty to eat right? Umm...Heck no!! I was first introduced to this layered pea salad when I had a dinner at Jeremy's parents house when we were dating. Honestly, I was a little scared to try it but man I am glad I did. I love the fresh ingredients and tangy MIRACLE WHIP. The combination is truly perfect for any dinner.
If you need more inspiration, check out the Cooking Up Good website. It has recipes, sweepstakes, loyalty programs, coupons and more! What's not to love? If you're looking for a new dinner idea or a chance to win some awesome prizes, be sure to check it out! One of the recipes that I have on my MUST try list is an Easy Banana Bread recipe. I would have never thought to bake with MIRACLE WHIP but this recipe sounds amazing.
Have you created any delicious salads or sides with the help of KRAFT MIRACLE WHIP?