The first question we ask the kids every morning - "What would you like for breakfast?" Honestly, I am not sure why I even ask because I know what they will both say! Jude and Teagan have a love for muffins; any kind of muffins but their very favorite is those really sugary store bought mini muffins. Yes, those. Well let's be real, I do let them eat those some mornings but other mornings those kids need some whole some grains and nutrients! That means I have to get creative with my hidden nutrients and trick those kids! Guess what - you can totally trick a toddler into eating nutrient heavy breakfasts if you make your own muffins!! With the help of Quaker® Life Cereal and Quaker® Oats I have made a couple different flavors of muffins that freeze wonderfully and can be heated up quickly in the morning for quick breakfasts! One Jude's favorite muffin is this Cinnamon Apple Life Cereal Muffin.
Cinnamon Apple Life Cereal Muffins
Free Printable Recipe Here.
For the Topping:
1/4 cup Oats
1/4 cup crushed Quaker® Life Cereal
1 tsp cinnamon
1 TBSP butter, melted
For the Muffins:
1 1/2 cups Oats
1 1/4 cup flour
1/2 cup crushed Quaker® Life Cereal
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup oil
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup Raisins
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line cupcake tin with cupcake liners of choice.
2. To make the muffin batter first combine the Oats, Flour, crushed Quaker® Life Cereal, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt in large mixing bowl.
3. In a medium mixing bowl combine the applesauce, brown sugar, milk, oil, vanilla and egg. Whisk together until completed combined.
4. Add applesauce mixture, slowly, to the oat mixture. Mixing as adding. Combining the dry ingredients with the applesauce mixture.
5. Next, add the raisins to the mixture. Stir well!
6. Set muffin batter aside. Time to make the Topping! Delicious!
7. In a small bowl, combine the oats, crushed Quaker® Life Cereal, brown sugar, cinnamon, and melted butter. Make a crumble by mixing everything together.
8. Fill the cupcake liners with the batter, this should make 16 muffins.
9. Top the muffin batter with the crushed Quaker® Life Cereal crumble.
10. Bake for 16-18 minutes.
11. Let cool! Enjoy warm or place in a freezer bag for a great freezer meal option. Enjoy!!
Our pantry is packed full of Quaker® products that are perfect for this baking season but also for better for you snacks and recipes. I love using Quaker® Real Medleys®, Quaker® Oatmeal Squares, Quaker® Simply Granola and Quaker® Life in our recipes and snacks. I will also confess that I might have a box of Quaker Oatmeal Squares in my desk drawer at work! YUM!
We are a family that loves to eat, cook and bake with Quaker® Products, it is the perfect way to get necessary nutrients in your meals and bake some wholesome recipes as well! Yum!! Make sure you #QuakerUp with Quaker® and follow them on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest.
What kind of wholesome better for you breakfasts do you serve to your family on busy mornings?