We have been talking a lot about food and holiday parties around here lately and this is just another installment to our delicious holiday eating trend. I don't know about you but I have a really hard time thinking of hot dishes that travel well - especially appetizers. It seems like a lot of hot apps never make it to the party very gracefully. Well, last weekend I was asked to bring a hot appetizer to share to a family reunion so I started my shopping list. I knew I wanted to do something totally away from anything Thanksgiving because I knew that all the guests were still recovering from Turkey overload like me. While I was making my list we happened to be enjoying some pizza and instantly I started coming up with Pepperoni Recipe Ideas and then it all came to me!
Hot Pizza Dip
Free Printable Recipe Here.
Yes, this cheesy and pepperoni filled pie dish is to die for. I started making this and I couldn't wait to get to get to the party and share this perfect hot dish appetizer. Oh and guess what - it was a hit and now I know exactly what I will be packing for any hot dish requests because it was super easy too and it traveled well!
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp dried basil
2 cups shredded Mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
1 cup pizza sauce
1/2 cup Hormel Pepperoni - sliced in half
10-15 whole Hormel Pepperonis
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare an oven save pie dish.
2. In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, mayonnaise, garlic powder and dried basil. Mix well until completely blended and creamy.
3. Add 1/2 cup Mozzarella cheese to the cream cheese mixture and mix well.
4. Spread the cream cheese mixture into the bottom of the pie dish evenly.
5. Place a layer of the sliced Hormel Pepperoni on top of the cream cheese mixture.
6. Sprinkle 1/2 cup Mozzarella cheese over the Pepperonis and then sprinkle 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese as well.
7. Pour pizza sauce over the cheese and spread it out evenly.
8. Top the pizza sauce with the remaining Mozzarella and Parmesan cheese.
9. Finish by placing the whole Pepperonis over the cheese.
10. Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes or until cheese is golden brown.
11. Serve with crackers, baguettes or mini toasties. Enjoy!!
Like I said before this hot dish really does travel well. I simply baked exactly 25 minutes before we had to leave the house and put it in my hot carry bag and we were off. Our drive about 45 minutes and when I opened the lid it was still steaming hot and ready for some dipping! Everyone commented on how perfect this dish was for any winter potluck. I made sure to bring some "sturdy" dipping options. I found the cutest little toasties, basically toast shaped crouton. So good and totally made the dish look great too!
After getting creative with some of my favorite foods - cheese and pepperoni I am now inspired to use the pepperonis in so many other recipes. The Pepperoni Recipe Ideas are running wild right now - time to back away from the traditional pizza and use pepperoni for so much more.
If you are interested in making your own Hot Pizza Dip or if you have another favorite Pepperoni Recipe make sure you head to Walmart and take advantage of the Hormel Pepperoni coupon; Save $1.00 on the purchase of any two (2) HORMEL® Pepperoni packages! Hurry - offer good until they run out!
Check out this video and you will see how easy it is to create this Winter Party Recipe! Enjoy!
Do you have any favorite Pepperoni Recipes?