Unless you have been living under a rock you have had to seen this silly character recently, no not Jude - Baymax of course!! Baymax is one of the characters from the new Disney movie Big Hero 6 that was just released on DVD. Pretty cute right? Not only is Baymax a really fun character but this movie is REALLY good, seriously! We took Jude to see this movie in the theater and left the show saying it was one of the best Disney movies we had seen in a long time. The characters are great, the story-line is heartfelt and full of teachable moments and the humor is great for all ages. On point Disney!
To celebrate this great movie coming out on DVD we decided to have a Big Hero 6 family party and movie night! Jude had already gotten a few Big Hero 6 toys for Christmas this year but I wanted to surprise the kids with the new release as well as some fun movie night cuddle buddies! I found these adorable plush characters on Walmart.com and had them shipped right to us so we were ready for our weekend fun! I stopped at Walmart on my way to work the morning the movie was released to be THAT mom! Walmart had a great deal too - A Walmart exclusive 2 DISC Disc Blu-Ray/DVD/Digital Copy 2 pack plus your purchase of the Big Hero 6 Blu-Ray/DVD + Gift With Purchase Set includes a digital movie on Vudu while supplies last! Simply scan your receipt using the Savings Catcher in the Walmart app. Then look for a message on your phone or email. Now you can watch Big Hero 6 on any device! We waited to surprise the kids with the movie this weekend. I know, I really was THAT mom! But we had such a fun Saturday filled with Big Hero 6 fun! We were super busy but the kids have not stopped talking about our fun Big Hero 6 celebration!
Baymax Stained Glass
The first thing we did was make a fun craft that has totally made our front window fun! I am a fan of stained glass crafts for kids, they allow the kids to be creative but it is simple enough to complete too. Our Baymax stained glass is my favorite stained glass we have made so far! So cute!!
White School Glue
Black Construction Paper
White tissue paper, cut in squares
1. Make a Baymax outline there is no right way to do this, simply look at a Baymax picture and draw on the black construction paper and cut out the stencil.
2. Lay a large piece of wax paper on the table.
3. Pour white glue on the wax paper, spread the glue evenly using the paint brush.
4. Place Baymax stencil down into the glue.
5. Place tissue paper squares inside the stencil. Completely fill the stencil with tissue paper.
6. Make Baymax "eyes" out of scraps of the construction paper, place eyes on tissue paper/glue.
7. Lay another piece of wax paper down on top of the tissue paper/glue. Slightly press the wax paper down for a seal.
8. Let glue dry overnight. Once dry, using scissors cute around the Baymax stencil - leave about a half an inch of wax paper to ensure the seal stays.
9. Hang up using tape or hang with a string.
Jude and Teagan were so happy to see their creations in the window the next day! These special little Baymax friends will keep our front window looking cute!!
To continue our family night celebration of Big Hero 6 we had to make snacks!! Jude adored Baymax but his other favorite character of the Big Hero 6 team is Honey Lemon. He loves the science of her powers so we decided to make a special drink to enjoy with our movie. PS - it is relatively healthy and the kids totally thought it tasted like an ice cream treat - MOM FOR THE WIN!!!
Honey Lemon Smoothie
Free Printable Recipe Here
2 cups ice
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup lemon juice
10 oz Lemon Greek Yogurt
2 TBSP Honey
Honey Drizzle for topping
Combine all ingredients into a blender. Blend until completely smooth. Pour evenly into a couple glasses and top each smoothie with a drizzle of honey. This recipe allowed the four of use to each have a glass of Honey Lemon Smoothie! Delicious and super easy!
She is pretty cute too! Great colors!! I think we will have this yummy smoothie as a breakfast treat some weekend again soon. Very good and a totally different smoothie than I have ever enjoyed!
This is a picture of a VERY happy boy. Check out his shirt - Mr. Baymax is hiding. I feel like our house is the Big Hero 6 house - so many toys, crafts, treats and books all about this movie.
Next on my to do list for our Big Hero 6 celebration before we sat down to watch the movie was to make our movie snack. I am so thrilled with how these turned out and man they were a hit with Jude and Teagan! Oh and I promise, these really are easier than they look - you know I love easy recipes!
Big Hero 6 Baymax Chocolate Covered Apples
Free Printable Recipe Here.
6-8 Apples - the rounder the better, we used Gala, they were really round and we LOVE Gala apples
1 large brick of white chocolate almond bark
Black piping icing
foil or parchment paper
1. Clean and DRY the apples. Dry is key here. If any moisture gets to the melted almond bark it will make this process a lot harder.
2. Stick the candy sticks in the apples. Tip - using a sharp knife, carefully poke a hole in the middle of the apple, then place the candy stick into the apple.
3. In a microwave safe bowl, that is deep enough to cover the apples, melt the almond bark.
4. Once completely melted, slowly dip the apples into the almond bark. Cover the entire apple.
5. Slowly remove apple from melted almond bark and place on foil.
6. Let the almond bark set in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
7. Once the almond bark is hardened, pipe Baymax eyes on the apples. Thankfully this does not take much skill!
8. Now it is time to bit into this delicious snack! Enjoy!!
Such a fun idea. I would love to do this for a birthday party. Any takers? These would make the cutest guest gifts for a Big Hero 6 birthday party. The best thing about these, well besides that they are super easy, that you can bite into these and not hurt your teeth!
What a fun way to start our movie night as a family. Teagan was so excited to finally see this movie since she didn't go with us to the theater and with the fun craft, drink and snack I think she will always love this movie. I was so happy with the memories we made while enjoying a great Saturday night at home.
Make sure you stop at Walmart soon and pick up the Walmart Exclusive Gift Set. You will love the Science of Big Hero 6 as well! Also, I really hope you check out the online items you can find from Big Hero 6 at Walmart.com, I was amazed at the items that were available online that are not found in stores! Jude and Teagan have been taking turns on who gets to sleep with Honey Lemon and Baymax every night. So cute! I am glad I found these cute plush characters for the kids. They have cuddled with them every time we have watched the movie!
Who is your favorite character of Big Hero 6?