I don't know about you but I love all chocolate bark recipes - for many reasons actually. First reason, the taste! Oh goodness, the taste. Melted and harden chocolate topped and mixed with all kinds of sweet and salty treats - perfection. Reason number two - Easy! Any kind of bark recipe can be made to look amazing yet not take you hours to prepare.
A lot of people relate Chocolate bark to the holidays. It really is the perfect holiday treat to make for large crowds but why do we only do this during the holidays? I decided that we needed to change that and create a summer bark recipe that the kids and adults in our family would enjoy. I do love my white chocolate but goodness knows I do not need to enjoy that treat every day. I started thinking about the other options and I came up with this perfect summer treat!
Strawberry Vanilla Yogurt Bark
Free printable recipe here.
Just like any other bark recipe this version will not take long at all to prepare and can be totally customized to fit your taste!
2 cups Vanilla Greek Yogurt
1 cup freeze dried strawberries
1. Line a 9x9 glass dish with parchment paper. This allows you to get the bark out of the dish with ease.
2. Spread a 1/2 inch to 1 inch layer of yogurt on top of the parchment paper in the dish.
3. Sprinkle top of yogurt with the freeze dried strawberries.
4. Cover dish with foil or a lid.
5. Place dish on a flat surface in a freezer for at least 6 hours.
6. Once yogurt is frozen, lift yogurt bark out of the dish with the parchment paper.
7. Place on a hard surface and break bark with a large spoon or other utensil. *Tip if the yogurt is too hard to break, use a large knife to cut into pieces.
8. Enjoy immediately. Yogurt will start defrosting quickly! Enjoy!
I would love to hear some of your yogurt dessert recipes your family loves!
What is your favorite yogurt dessert?