One of my favorite holidays to celebrate with my family is the 4th of July. It is a day full of traditions and fun for everyone. We live really close to the park that sets off our city fireworks on the 4th of July which means our backyard has become THE place to hang out, cool off in the pool, enjoy some BBQ and then wait for the big show.
This year I really want to get a little more creative with our BBQ food selection. Sure, we have to keep the traditional dogs and brats but the side dishes need a little spunk! I decided to try something for the upcoming holiday and see how it would work for the kids.
Introducing my healthier 4th of July desserts! A little candy and a little fruit. Yum!!
Twisted Fruit Twizzler Kabobs
Free Printable Recipe Here
I don't know what screams summertime more than the traditional strawberry Twizzlers Twists so when I saw these at Walmart something clicked. Kabobs, Twizzlers and fruit!
To create these goodies you will need:
Fresh fruit, cubed
Strawberry Twizzlers Twists
1. Wash, cut and prepare the fresh fruit. Using hardy fruit works best - strawberries, melons and pineapple worked great for us.
2. Using a kabob skewer make pre-made holes in the fruit.
3. Carefully thread the Twizzlers Twists through the fruit. I was able to fit about four or five pieces of fruit per kabob.
4. Serve as a fruit salad or dessert! Enjoy!
Such a treat and these Twizzlers add some great color to a fruit salad! I love thinking outside the box for desserts and treats and this one is perfect for 4th of July. I can already see the kids getting so excited for dessert.
- For some fruit, you might need to use a knife to get a better hole for the Twizzlers.
- Keep Twisted Fruit Twizzler Kabobs refrigerated to make sure the fruit stays fresh.
- Dress up the plate with some extra fruit and Twizzlers Cherry Bites.
Make sure you get in on the Twizzlers Summer Fun by heading to Walmart to pick up all of the snacks, treats, food, and favorite Twizzlers products for your 4th of July party. Yum! So many flavors and colors. Everyone will find their favorite.
How will you bring some Twisted Twizzlers Fun into your 4th of July plans?