Shopping is always more fun with your best friend but what happens when you come to your best friend's name on your holiday gift list? She is the one that gives you ideas for other people on your list but now you have to come up with the perfect BFF Christmas gift. The struggle is real!
While out window shopping I started thinking about my best friend, Lauren. This girl and I have so many crazy memories together and just about everything I looked at had a memory associated with it. Crazy how our minds do that. I stopped in at my local Walgreens - my favorite place to window shop and instantly knew what I would treat my BFF with.
To make this gift even more personal, I decided to make a simple Mod Podge picture frame for her as well. Like I said, we have a ton of memories with each other so I know we will find the perfect moment and experience to capture in a photo for her to put into the cute frame.
Make a Simple Mod Podge Picture Frame:
Wooden picture frame
Scrapbook paper - color/design of your choice
Buttons for embellishment
1. On the back of the scrapbook paper, trace the outline of the wooden picture frame.
2. Cut out traced piece from scrapbook paper.
3. Using the foam brush put a thin layer of mod podge on the front of the wooden frame.
4. Carefully place the scrapbook paper onto the wooden frame. Make sure there are no air bubbles under the paper.
5. Let dry for 2 hours.
6. Once dry, add the buttons for embellishments as desired using a little bit of mod podge.
7. Let dry completely before adding a picture to the frame.
I think it turned out perfect and this DIY Christmas gift is perfect for those that are trying to stay on a tight budget this year for gifts. A great way to get personal with the gifts this year - for example: I chose a piece of scrapbook paper that I knew Lauren would love. Arrows are her thing! You could do this with every person on your Christmas List! Time to get crafty and thrifty!
I cannot wait to surprise Lauren with this new gift set. I know that every time she wears the fragrance she will remember our friendship. She is the jelly to my peanut butter! Finding ways to celebrate your BFF is so important, and finding a great gift set is a great start for the holiday season.
Who would you buy one of these great sets for on your list?