A few months ago, we visited a working farm in northern Colorado with Jude's school and harvested our own veggies. We literally came home with enough fresh produce to last us a month! This meant I had to get creative with some meals so I went straight for some slow cooker meals.
Jeremy is a meat and potato kind of man - I however, am not a fan of meat all that much but there are times that I have to give in and make some hubby favorites. As I was looking at the produce we had I instantly knew I could make a delicious slow cooker beef stew and surprise Jeremy with a meal he loves - and little work on my part! Hello!!
Easy Slow Cooker Beef Stew
Free Printable Recipe Here.
2 pounds beef stew meat, cut into 1 inch cubes
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 clove garlic, minced
1 bay leaf
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1 onion, chopped
2 1/2 cups beef broth
3-5 potatoes, cubed
4 carrots, sliced
1. Prepare all veggies and potatoes the evening before. Store in a zip lock bag in the refrigerator. I used a lot of potatoes and carrots in our stew because we had so many from our harvesting.
2. When ready to start the crock, mix together the flour, salt, and pepper in a small bowl.
3. Place cubed meat in the crock pot. Pour the flour mixture over meat, and stir to coat meat with flour mixture.
4. Stir in the garlic, bay leaf, paprika, Worcestershire sauce, onion, beef broth, potatoes, and carrots..
5. Cover, and cook on Low setting for 10 to 12 hours, or on High setting for 4 to 6 hours.
6. Serve hot and enjoy!
What Slow Cooker favorites do you have on your meal plans?