Unless you have been living under a rock, you have seen all of the amazing products and toys all centered around Star Wars™. Recently, both of our kids have really gotten into all things Star Wars™ which has been a lot of fun. We have to answer a lot of questions about who is who but it sure does make shopping fun!
Galactic Vanilla Bean Glazed Donuts
Free Printable Recipe Here.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Makes 12 donuts
For the Donuts -
1 1/3 cups flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
4 TBSP butter, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1-2 vanilla beans - split, seeds scraped
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup milk
For the Glaze-
1 cup powdered sugar
pinch of salt
5 TBSP milk
1/4 tsp vanilla
2 cups General Mills Star Wars™ Darth Vader cereal
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Prepare donut pan by spraying with cooking spray.
3. In a medium bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt - mix lightly.
4. In a large mixing bowl, beat butter and sugar until mixture is creamy. I used a hand mixer.
5. Beat in vanilla bean seeds, egg, and vanilla until completely combined with sugar mixture.
6. Add milk and mix for 2 minutes.
7. Slowly beat in the flour mixture until combined well.
8. Spoon batter into donut pan. Each donut tin should be about half full - do not overfill!
9. Bake for 8-10 minutes.
10. While donuts are baking prepare the glaze. In a small bowl whisk together the powdered sugar, vanilla, salt and vanilla. If the glaze is too thick simply add another TBSP of milk to the glaze.
11. Once donuts are baked, remove from tin and let cool completely.
12. Dip the tops of each donut into the glaze and let the excess drip off.
13. Top each donut with some fun General Mills Star Wars™ Darth Vader cereal! Let glaze harden before serving.
Such a fun treat for mornings with the kids. I was actually surprised how easy this recipe really was too. And, I love that they are not fried - baked donuts make my mommy brain enjoy the treat even more! It was a lot of fun having breakfast with the kids as we discussed Star Wars™. Jeremy and I blew their mind when we said we watched Star Wars™ when we were kids! You know, because we are SO OLD!
Star Wars™ is a timeless and now we just have to wait until the BIG weekend. I am trying to think what kind of treats to take with us to the movie! Oh the decisions!
What fun Star Wars™ recipes have you created?