Everyone loves sweets and treats during the holiday season but most of those treats are baked goods and warm treats. Our kids love ice cream and often ask for it for dessert after dinner. For some reason, I never really thought to make our after dinner ice cream holiday themed but something hit me. What do sugar ice cream cones look like? Christmas Trees and Santa Hats! I love when that creative mind shows up, especially with fun treats to make the kiddos smile.
Candy Coated Christmas Trees & Santa Hats Ice Cream Toppers
Sugar Ice Cream Cones
Green candy melts
Red candy melts
White candy melts
HÄAGEN-DAZS® Vanilla Ice Cream
HÄAGEN-DAZS® is a must have in the freezer for this season. Ice cream can be more creative than a sundae, think outside of the carton and check out more delicious recipes on the Flavorful Moments Pinterest board. I know you will find inspiration! Yummy!!
1. To create Christmas Trees, begin melting the green candy melts as directed on the package.
2. Take one ice cream cone at a time and cover in green melted candy. I found that rolling the cones carefully in the candy gave the best coverage.
3. Place cones down on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper, let sit for a few minutes.
4. To make the Santa Hat cones, begin by melting the red candy melts as directed on the package.
5. Take one ice cream cone at a time and cover in red melted candy. I found that rolling the cones carefully in the candy gave the best coverage.
6. Place cones down on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper, let sit for a few minutes.
7. Now that the green candy has set a bit, carefully pour sprinkles over the trees for decorations.
8. To make the Santa Hat "fluff", melt white candy melts as directed on the package.
9. Pour melted candy into piping bag.
10. Carefully pipe white candy around the base of the Santa Hats for fluff decoration. Make sure to add a little dollop on top of the hats too!
11. Carefully move the cones into the refrigerator. Let cool in refrigerator for 15 minutes.
12. Time to dig into the HÄAGEN-DAZS® Vanilla Ice Cream! Create nice round scoops of ice cream and place in a bowl.
13. Remove cones from refrigerator and top ice cream scoops with the trees or hats.
14. Present these delicious twists on ice cream cones to your guests, kids and family. Enjoy!!
These came out so cute and honestly, they were super easy to create. I could totally see these being a great addition to a Christmastime sundae bar. Surprise your guests and family with something other than pie and cookies, I know that both Jude and Teagan loved the candy coated ice cream cones.
Getting creative in the kitchen is especially fun during this time of the year but I always make sure to stick with ingredients and products that our family loves to enjoy any season of the year. That brings me to HÄAGEN-DAZS® Ice Cream - one word, deliciously divine - okay two words.
As this busy holiday season comes to a close, make sure you take time to treat your family to a fun and delicious HÄAGEN-DAZS® dessert like these Candy Coated Christmas Trees & Santa Hats Ice Cream Toppers. Head to Walmart to find all of these ingredients necessary to make these fun ice cream toppers.
During this busy time of the year, how will you dress up your HÄAGEN-DAZS® ice cream?