Finding easy meals that the kids enjoy can be difficult. Thanks to a snow day this week, I was able to try a one dish meal I had been wanting to try to for awhile. It was truly the perfect thing to have baking while we had some fun in the cold snowy weather with Jude and Teagan. When we were done outside we walked in the house to a yummy aroma of dinner baking. So perfect on a snow day!
Loaded Baked Potato & Chicken Bake
Free printable recipe here.
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast - cubed
1/2 cup turkey bacon, crumbled
1/4 cup green onion - sliced
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup heavy cream
3 TBSP unsalted butter
salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 9x13 casserole dish.
2. Layer half of the diced potatoes in the bottom of the dish. Place all of the cubed chicken evenly on top of the potatoes.
3. Season chicken with salt and pepper.
4. Sprinkle half of the bacon crumbles over chicken and layer 1 cup of cheese over bacon.
5. Add half of the green onions over the cheese layer.
6. Spread the remaining diced potatoes over onions. Then add remaining bacon and 1 cup of cheese and the rest of the green onions.
7. Pour heavy cream over top f the casserole evenly.
8. Drop "pieces" of butter over the casserole.
9. Cover with foil and bake for 1 hour.
10. After 1 hour, remove foil and continue to bake for another 30 minutes.
11. Serve and enjoy hot!
While this one dish meal does take a bit of time to prepare and bake it was well worth the time. It was so good and the entire family decided it was one that we had to make again. We paired this with a side of veggies and it was a very wholesome and warming meal on a cold snow day.
What are your favorite one dish meals or casseroles to enjoy with your family?
Post contains affiliate links. If you decide to make a purchase through my link, Amazon will pay me a commission for it. This doesn’t cost you anything additional. These commissions help to keep the rest of my content free, so thank you!