Thanks to Minute® Rice for sponsoring this post and for giving us so many tasty solutions!
One Pot Cilantro Lime Chicken, Rice & Black Beans
Free printable recipe here.
1 pound chicken breasts - diced
1 TBSP oil
1/2 cup white onion - diced
2 cloves garlic - minced
1 1/2 cups chicken broth
4 ounce can chopped green chilies
juice from 2 fresh limes
1 can black beans, rinsed and well drained
2 cups Minute® Whole Grain Brown Rice
1/3 cup chopped cilantro
Salt and Pepper - to taste
1. In a large skillet, cook chicken breast with oil until completely cooked through. Season with salt and pepper while cooking.
2. Once chicken is cooked, add onion and garlic. Let cook for another couple of minutes.
3. Carefully stir in broth, green chilies, lime juice and black beans.
4. Bring mixture to a boil.
5. Once boiling, add Minute® Whole Grain Brown Rice making sure to completely submerge rice and let boil for 2 minutes.
6. Then remove from direct heat and cover with lid for 6-7 minutes.
7. Once rested, fluff up rice and top with chopped cilantro and a few slices of lime for flavor and garnish.
8. Serve hot with some warm corn tortillas. Enjoy!
This meal is a hit in our house. The flavors are fantastic and I love making it because it is so simple. I have a love of one dish meals and this is one of them.
Minute® Rice makes this meal hearty and perfect for any busy family like ours. We come home after a long day at work and pick up our favorite Minute® Rice and get cooking! I guarantee this will be a recipe that your entire family will be asking for over and over again. A lot of the time, my kids pick up on the healthier options and decide they do not like them. With the whole grains from the rice and protein from the beans and chicken I have my kiddos fooled! HA!! Mom for the win!!
Get Social with Minute® Rice:
Minute® Rice on Facebook
Minute® Rice on Twitter
Minute® Rice on Pinterest
Minute® Rice on Instagram
Find recipe inspiration and special offers from Minute® Rice sent straight to your inbox, join The Recipe Club® by signing up - HERE!
How do you incorporate Minute® Rice in your family meals?
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Minute® Rice.