Disclosure: Thank you for Farm Rich for sponsoring this delicious recipe.
I adore appetizers but I love creating a little twist when I prepare them for big get togethers like game days and parties. One of my very favorite appetizers is Caprese Salad; the fresh tomatoes and basil with my favorite cheese is hard to beat but when I was preparing our menu for a big basketball bracket pick party I challenged myself a bit.
A classic Caprese Salad with a traditional app twist! My first step to creating this deliciousness on a stick was picking up our favorite Mozzarella Sticks from Farm Rich and then filling our house with the amazing aroma of fresh basil - seriously the best smell when cooking!!
Caprese Salad Skewers with Mozzarella Sticks
Free Printable Recipe Here.
Farm Rich Mozzarella Sticks
Fresh basil leaves
1/4 cup olive oil
1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
1 TSP Italian Seasoning
Pinch of salt
Pinch of pepper
Long Appetizer Skewers
1. Begin by preheating oven and baking the Farm Rich Mozzarella Sticks as directed on the package.
2. Wash and prepare the tomatoes and basil leaves.
3. While Mozzarella Sticks are baking, make the balsamic dipping sauce by whisking together the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Refrigerate until ready to use.
4. Once the Mozzarella Sticks are cooked, let them rest for 5-10 minutes.
5. While waiting for the sticks to cool off begin building the skewers. Each skewer should have 1 tomato and one large basil leaf.
6. Cut each Mozzarella Stick in half and add a half to each skewer.
7. Place on a large serving plate with a small bowl of the balsamic dipping sauce. For those of you that like a saucier Caprese Salad, you could drizzle some over all of the skewers as well. Enjoy!
This appetizer was a hit with all of our party guests, even the kids. The colorful flavors from a classic Caprese Salad favorite but with the addition of the crispy Mozzarella Sticks makes this a must have for any occasion that you may need finger food. Most of the time our guests didn't even use the dipping sauce because the flavors and textures were so perfect without sauce. YUM!
I have decided to make these adorable Caprese Salad Skewers for lunch now too. Oh, and for those of you like me, BUSY, this amazing appetizer plate did not take long at all to prepare. While the Mozzarella Sticks baked I did all of the prep work. Super easy!!
Find offers, recipes, tips, tricks, and delicious tasting snacks and apps on the Farm Rich website. If you are anything like me, you will soon find out that Farm Rich gets you. They are all about real life - and good food. Real-Life Good!
What is Real-Life Good?
"Real life means going with the flow and making things happen, even when life gets a little unpredictable. You can’t be everywhere, but you can make every moment count. Made with real ingredients ready anytime for whatever life throws at you, Farm Rich makes tackling the day a little easier."
Join the Farm Rich fun by simply signing up for the email newsletter to receive exclusive offers and promotions. You will find yourself finding ways to get creative with food your family loves. See all Farm Rich products here.
Which Farm Rich product would you twist into something even more delicious?