I have a mild obsession with poke cakes. Maybe it is because they are delicious, or super easy to make or both. Recently, I had an event that I wanted to create a yummy dessert for but wanted something out of the box and perfect for spring. I was thinking of some of our favorite desserts and a Banana Split came to mind and that evolved into a poke cake with the addition of Sir Bananas.
Sir Bananas is a new family favorite - Bananamilk!! Our kids drink a ton of milk and sometimes we splurge on some flavored milk but know that it isn't great for them but this new milk we have is different. Sir Bananas is milk made from a delicious blend of milk and real bananas! Not only is it perfect for drinking but equally amazing for baking and refreshing smoothies!
Banana Split Poke Cake
Free printable recipe here.
1 box white cake mix - prepared as directed on box
1 box instant vanilla pudding mix
2 cups Sir Bananas Bananamilk
2 bananas sliced
3 cups strawberries sliced
1 can crushed pineapple, drained
12 oz whipped topping
Jar of maraschino cherries
1. Prepare white cake mix as directed on box in a 9x13 baking pan.
2. In a medium mixing bowl whisk 2 cups of Sir Bananas Bananamilk and instant pudding until completely combined.
3. Remove cake from oven and poke holes into cake using the end of a wooden spoon.
4. Pour milk and pudding mixture over the warm cake evenly.
5. Cover cake and refrigerate for 3-5 hours.
6. Once cake is chilled, prepare fruit for topping.
7. First layer slices of bananas.
8. Next add a layer of strawberries over the bananas.
9. Spoon the crushed pineapple over the strawberries and bananas evenly.
10. Top fruit with whipped topping.
11. Drizzle chocolate syrup over the whipped topping.
12. Add maraschino cherries for some extra sweetness and fun!
13. Serve cold and enjoy!!
The addition of the Bananamilk to this recipe is perfect. Honestly, you could totally skip the pudding mixture and just use the Sir Bananas milk as the poke cake ingredient. This milk is so creamy and delicious - you feel like you are drinking dessert. Yum!! While this poke cake did have more steps than some of my poke cake recipes it was so worth it. I can totally see me making this for summer BBQs or parties again. It really does taste like a banana split!
- It’s a truly new kind of milk made from a delicious blend of milk and real bananas (which makes it different than flavored milk - usually made with a preservative-packed flavored powder).
- The first-ever milk with bananas!
- Available in Bananamilk and Chocolate bananamilk varieties, Sir Bananas has no high-fructose corn syrup, no artificial flavors, sweeteners or colors, is gluten-free and carrageenan-free. And, it contains 8 essential nutrients!
- Sir Bananas is a new way to drink milk that delivers the goodness of milk, but with a deliciously smooth banana taste.
Make sure you check out some of the other Sir Bananas Bananamilk recipes here.
Have you tried the New Sir Bananas Bananamilk? How would you enjoy this new take on traditional flavored milk?