This weekend we were hit with a huge spring snowstorm in Colorado that had us wanting to stay in and stay warm. Funny how just a few days ago the kids were in shorts and we were out doing yard work but now we are in sweats and looking for comfort food. Typical of Colorado weather in spring. As I was making our pre-storm grocery list for Walmart I found a coupon for $2 off of any InnovAsian Entree and instantly I knew what one of our snow day meals would be!
While other people were stocking up on blizzard essentials like milk and bread (why always milk and bread?) I was making sure we had some delicious Asian food for a home-cooked meal in no time. I was really excited for the General Tso's Chicken, I am a big baby when it comes to spicy foods but there is something about the General Tso's Chicken's spice and sweetness that is so good! I order this dish every time we get take out and I have to say, the InnovAsian is way better. The kids and Jeremy were even more excited for the Chicken Lo Mein and Fried Rice.
DIY Cheater Chopsticks
Strips of paper
1. Fold the paper into a tight rectangle.
2. Place rolled paper in between the chopsticks.
3. Place a rubber band over the chopsticks towards the middle of the chopsticks.
4. Create an X with the rubber band over the folded paper. Continue to wrap rubber band around the chopsticks to hold securely.
5. Your cheater chopsticks are ready to use! Have fun!
These DIY cheater chopsticks are just about as easy to use as it is to make a full take out meal at home! I made one set for Jude, Teagan and myself because I have no idea how to use chopsticks! It was a really fun family activity while we enjoyed our Take Out At Home family meal during a blizzard!
Dinner is served!! Looks as amazing as it tastes. Not only are these entrees and sides made with bolder more flavorful sauces but they are also made with better for you ingredients. I love that. All-white meat, no MSG, plus fresh veggies all made at home in 20 minutes or less! Perfect for our busy family.
Jude really wanted to master the art of using chopsticks and Jeremy was really great with helping him.
Here are a few other tips around the art of using chopsticks:
- Make your own cheater chopsticks
- Use square chopsticks instead of round ones, they will be easier for kids and first timers
- Roll thicker paper to make the cheater chopsticks even easier
- Practice using dried beans or pom-poms
- These are also great for fine motor skills so keep them around for kid activities!
- Have fun - make it a family activity while enjoying dinner!
Add these meals to you regular menu and get rewarded with the InnovAsian rewards program. Simply enter the rewards codes and when you get to 1,000 points you will get a coupon for a buy 1 get 1 free product coupon immediately available to download and print from home or get a free product coupon mailed to your home address! What a great program! I love coupons - I am sure you do as well.
Make sure you check out all of the InnovAsian entrees and sides in the freezer section of your Walmart. A super easy way to prepare a full Asian meal in one stop that literally tastes just as good as take out!
What InnovAsian entrees and sides would your family love to enjoy on a weekend inside?