We like cereal in our house and not just for breakfast. Sometimes cereal is a snack or even a meal option for lunch or dinner. What is fun about cereal lovers like us is when we head to Walmart to do our weekly shopping and we pick out our cereal choices. We have always bought one box or bag of cereal for the kids and one box or bag for the adults. Post Cereal makes this task easy because there are so many options that make each of us happy. One of the kid's favorite is the Berry Colossal Crunch cereal! We always have some on hand for school mornings.
Last week, I planned on making a family favorite for dinner but totally forgot one of the ingredients, so I opened the pantry door and stood there looking for something that would work and it hit me. I picked up the Honey Bunches of Oats Crunch O's and poured some into a plastic bag and ended up with an delicious, home cooked meal in less than an hour!!
Honey Crunch O's Crusted Pork Loin
Free Printable Recipe Here.
16 ounce pork loin
1/2 cup Dijon mustard
1 tsp dried thyme
2 TBSP garlic powder
2 tsp black pepper
2 cups Honey Bunches of Oats Crunch O's - crushed
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. In a small mixing bowl, combine the mustard, thyme, garlic powder and pepper until completely mixed.
3. Crush Honey Bunches of Oats Crunch O's in a resealable bag until most of the pieces are broken up and in powder form.
4. Spread mustard mixture on pork loin in a baking pan.
5. Roll the mustard covered pork in the Honey Bunches of Oats Crunch O's crumbs and place in baking pan.
6. Bake pork for 50 minutes or until internal temperature reads 165 degrees.
7. Slice pork and serve with rice or potatoes. Enjoy!!
Our family loves pork almost as much as we love cereal so this meal is truly a hit with everyone. Even though I forgot the normal Panko bread crumbs for this recipe I was able to create a new recipe that I know will become a regular on our meal plan. While it does take awhile to bake, this is a very easy meal that will make everyone full and happy. The pork cooks so well and the addition of the sweet honey cereal makes the pork have a little twist of sweet crunch to every bite.
How do you and your family enjoy Cereal anytime of the day?