Apricot Glazed Grilled Pork Chops
Free printable recipe here
When I first think about my shopping list for our upcoming meal plans I often start with the protein portion of a meal. Now that the rain has stopped and summer is on the horizon here in Colorado we are thinking all things grilled! One of my go to protein options is Smithfield All Natural Fresh Pork.
We love saving money so I have to share this deal with you. Earn $.75 when you purchase (1) Smithfield All Natural Fresh Pork (while supplies last) by using Ibotta!Smithfield All Natural Pork Chops are naturally tender and juicy without added steroids, hormones or artificial ingredients - a product that I can serve to my family and feel confident the meal I am preparing is high quality but still super easy to prepare.
1/2 cup apricot preserves
3 TBSP white wine vinegar
1 clove garlic - minced
1/4 cup white onion - minced
1/2 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp salt
plus salt and pepper to taste
1. Prepare and preheat grill on high heat for about 10 minutes.
2. While the grill is preheating begin preparing the chops by removing from package and placing on a plate. Pat chops dry with paper towel and season both sides of the chops with salt and pepper.
3. Set pork chops aside and make glaze. In a small mixing bowl combine apricot preserves, white wine vinegar, garlic, onion and salt and pepper. Mix well.
4. Reduce heat on grill to medium. Place seasoned Smithfield All Natural Boneless Pork Chops on grill for about 5 minutes.
5. After 5 minutes flip pork chops and brush a layer of apricot glaze on the pork chops.
6. Cook for one minute and flip - brush a layer of apricot glaze on the pork chops. Continue cooking for one minute on each side and flipping until all of the apricot glaze is gone.
7. Pork chops should cook for about 10-12 minutes.
8. Remove glazed pork chops from grill and pair with rice and veggies for a fresh and wholesome meal! Enjoy!!
At first my kids were a little resistant when I told them there was "jelly" on the pork chops but once they tasted it the both at it up fast! I love being able to prepare a great meal in less than 30 minutes that my whole family enjoys. Great for those busy work days after Taekwondo and dance class.
Pick up your dinner for this week at your local Walmart. You can find everything you need for this recipe in one stop! Happy grilling!
What is your favorite way to enjoy Pork?