It is so hard to believe that school is almost out. Seems like I was just writing about Jude's first day of school in August! Crazy. With the days of school coming to an end it is time to think about some fun and creative end of the year teacher gifts.
This year I decided to go with something that the teachers could enjoy on their upcoming days off with their families. Baking!!! I made these super adorable and easy Cookie Mixes in a jar and put them with some great baking essentials to create a gift that will be usable and special for each of those amazing teachers.
I headed to Target to pick up all of my items and left feeling so excited. Target never disappoints!!
1 qt canning jar
hot pad and ovenmit
baking ingredients for cookies
Shameless plug - head to Target, vintage mixing bowls!! OH MY GOSH!! I want them all!
Once you have done your shopping it is time to assemble the cookies in a jar. Again, a simple project that ends up looking like you spent hours creating! Bonus for us crazy moms at the end of the school year.
Monster Cookies in a Jar
Free printable recipe here
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 1/4 cups rolled oats
1 cup candy of choice - I used M&Ms
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
To prepare -3/4 cup smooth peanut butter
2 tbsp salted butter, softened
1 tsp vanilla
1. To begin filling your jars start with combining sugar, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl. Once completely mixed, pour into jar to begin layers.
2. Next, layer rolled oats on top of the sugar mixture in the jar.
3. Add candy on top of the oats.
4. Carefully add the brown sugar on top of the candies.
5. Lastly, top the jar off with the mini chocolate chips.
6. Seal jar and add recipe card and jar to the teacher gift.
To prepare -
7. In a large bowl mix the peanut butter, butter, eggs and vanilla until well combined.
9. Refrigerate dough for 30 minutes.
10. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and prepare cookie sheets with parchment paper.
11. Form 2" balls of dough and place on the cookie sheets.
12. Bake cookies for 14-16 minutes.
13. Let cookies cool completely before enjoying!
I made four jars of cookies in less than 15 minutes. It was so easy and I love the layered look!
Make sure you use this FREE printable recipe card to add to your gift bowl - it will give the easy instructions for the teachers to use when they prepare their Monster Cookies! Yummy!!!
The finished product is cute and perfect for a fun day of baking. I added a silly gift tag and will have Jude and Teagan sign their names for their teachers.
I cannot wait to present these end of the year teacher gifts in a few days!!
Download FREE gift tag here.
What creative End of the Year Teacher gift do you have planned?