This time of the year we often find ourselves in the yard, garage and gardens trying to spruce up our outdoor space after the long winter. While this work is never back-breaking, it is tiring and pretty mundane. Recently, I have found that both Jeremy and I are allowing our creative juices to flow when it comes to our home projects - usually this means a little extra time and work but always ends up being a job well done in the end. But...with that work and time on the side of being parents we often find ourselves needing some inspiration in a bottle!
Our latest project have been our veggie and flower gardens. About a month ago I shared a fun DIY River Stone Garden Marker idea for our veggie garden and man they make our garden look so bright and colorful! I love it. But now, it was time to focus on the flower gardens. Sure, the flowers add the beauty and color but our front garden needed a little kick of creativity.
Painted Relish Plate Garden Flowers
Small glass plates - relish dishes
Writing Pen caps
Spray Sealer for Glass - weatherproof
Wooden or metal dowels
1. Prepare glass plates by washing and drying them.
2. Prepare your craft space with your paint colors, the plates and paint brushes.
3. Turn plates over, you will be painting on the bottom of the plates.
4. Let those creative juices flow, create beautiful colorful flowers on the plates.
5. Add multiple layers of paint to get a nice variety of color.
6. Let paint dry for about 2 hours.
7. Once paint is dry, spray each paint side of the plates with spray sealer.
8. Let sealer dry for 1 hour.
9. Once sealer is dry, glue one writing pen lid to each plate. Let glue dry for 2 hours.
10. Once glue is dry, this took a while for ours, simply place dowel in pen lid. DONE!
11. Finally, place the pretty glass flowers in the garden.
I am in love with these pretty glass flowers!! They turned out great, the best part of this project was that it didn't need perfection. I am not an artist but I was able to create some beautiful DIY garden art that gives our garden a personal touch of creativity.
Cheers to this project and thank you SToK™ Cold-Brew Iced Coffee for helping us get through this project with a little geeked out creativity and keeping us refreshed in the summer heat.
You can get a boost of creative juice from SToK™ Cold-Brew Iced Coffee the next time you visit Walmart, check out the refrigerated section next to the milk. The flavor of this high quality, pure cold-brew coffee is so good. I am a big creamer user but with this brand I am drinking it black and loving it. Yummy!
Be inspired and coffee up with SToK™!
What creative summer projects are you working on?