I love this time of the year because of all of the parties and BBQs we host and attend with family and friends. Most of these events are potlucks so I am always looking for a new recipe to bring to the events. Recently, I was asked to make an appetizer for a BBQ and so I started my recipe brainstorm. I wanted an appetizer that was not hot, because it is already 96 degrees here in Denver, and was hoping to come up with a recipe that would help me stay on track. Let's be honest, most BBQ potluck meals and recipes are not guilt free.
I decided on a Caramel Cheesecake Dip perfect for apple slices, great way to get that fruit intake and to keep those hot appetizers for another day!
Caramel Cheesecake Dip with Apple SlicesFree Printable Recipe here.
16 ounces Weight Watchers Whipped Cream Cheese
1 cup caramel topping sauce
2 TBSP cinnamon
apples - sliced
1. Using an electric stand mixer will make this recipe even simpler. Scoop Weight Watchers Whipped Cream Cheese into a medium mixing bowl.
2. Whip the cream cheese until smooth and fluffy - about 2 minutes.
3. Add cinnamon to the whipped cream cheese and mix for about 1 minute until the cinnamon is mixed in completely.
4. Pour in the caramel topping sauce into the mixture and mix for another minute.
5. Place dip into a bowl for serving and top with some extra caramel sauce.
6. Keep refrigerated until ready to enjoy. Serve chilled with apple slices. Enjoy!
I have a sweet tooth for caramel so I was really excited to try this dip. Even if it took hours to make, which it certainly did not, it would be worth it. Using apples as the dippers was perfect too. This was a hit at our BBQ for everyone; adults and kids. Some of my guests were surprised at finding out about the Weight Watchers Whipped Cream Cheese but when they saw how this reduced fat cream cheese tastes they were ready to head to their local Kroger Store.
What other recipes, that include cream cheese, could you use the Weight Watchers Whipped Cream Cheese to help you and your family stay on track this summer?