This is not the first time I have made a popcorn recipe like this, in fact we did a Princess version for Teagan's party last year all thanks to my friend Heather from Terrell Family Fun's recipe.
Basically I just changed the color of the chocolate and sprinkles to create the fun Ninja Turtle Popcorn for the birthday and once again, it was the most talked about and asked about item on the food table. People are always surprised when I tell them how to make their own.
Ninja Turtle Popcorn
Bag of Microwave Popcorn - no butter
Small bag green melting chocolate
Red, Orange, Blue and Purple sprinkles
Disposable Roasting Pan
Paper popcorn boxes
1. Pop bag of popcorn, pour into roasting pan and make sure to remove all unpopped kernels.
2. For each bag of popcorn, melt one bag of green melting chocolate.
3. Pour chocolate over popped popcorn and "toss" to cover each piece of popcorn with chocolate.
4. Place a layer of wax paper out and pour chocolate covered popcorn onto wax paper.
5. Carefully sprinkle red, orange, blue and purple sprinkles on the popcorn.
6. Let chocolate dry and harden before placing in popcorn boxes.
7. Popcorn can be kept for a few days if sealed in a container or bag.
8. Enjoy and wait for the popcorn question!!
Seriously the easiest treat to make for a party. You can custom your popcorn to any theme party or colors too. Get creative and have fun!!!
What color or theme would you like to try?