Over Fourth of July weekend we had a little get together with some family and friends. As I was planning the menu I decided that I wanted to make something special for our dessert after fireworks. I started thinking about pie - because America - but didn't want a fruit pie and then it came to me. Peanut Butter Cups!
No Bake Peanut Butter Cup Pie
Free Printable Recipe here.
Pre-made chocolate cookie pie crust, chilled
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 cup creamy peanut butter
3/4 cup powdered sugar
1/2 cup whole milk
3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
2 cups chopped peanut butter cups
1. Place chocolate cookie pie crust in refrigerator while preparing the filling.
2. In a stand mixer bowl combine powdered sugar, creamy peanut butter, whole milk and cream cheese on medium speed for about 5 minutes.
3. Once the peanut butter mixture is smooth and creamy set aside.
4. In another mixer bowl beat the heavy whipping cream until it thickens and stiff peaks form. It took about 6 minutes for mine to set.
5. Fold the whipping cream into the peanut butter mixture until there are now white streaks.
6. Chop up 2 cups of Peanut Butter Cups.
7. Place 1 cup of Peanut Butter Cups into the mixture - fold in.
8. Spread filling into chilled cookie crust.
9. Top pie with 1 cup chopped peanut butter cups.
10. Chill pie for at least 4 hours before serving - I chilled ours overnight. Enjoy cold!
I was super nervous to attempt making this pie but I was really surprised how easy it was. Honestly, the hardest part was chopping the peanut butter cups! HA! Everyone who had a piece of this pie said it was yummy. Success!! Even the kids loved it! It was a perfect after fireworks dessert this fourth of July!
What desserts did you prepare last weekend for the holiday?