Our family has always been a football watching family. Growing up, Sundays were the days that we knew that there wouldn't be anything but football on the TV. Growing up in Denver obviously means we were big Denver Broncos fans, still are. As the kids get older, both of them are getting more and more into the whole Bronco Sunday thing which is so much fun. I have started thinking more about making Sundays better for the whole family by incorporating some yummy tailgating treats and food for our game watching fun.
For those into the College games, how about them Colorado Buffs!! Oh man, we are ranked again! How did that happen? Goodness knows we are now having to dedicate some time on Saturdays for our Buffs too! Colorado is a great state for college and pro football! It is a great time of year here.
This is a picture from the 1990 of my dad and me all ready for a Superbowl party! Orange and blue runs deep! Looking at pictures like this makes me want to have some fun memories like this with my kids. Now, Sundays are usually my catch up day for everything so all of these ideas of yummy football recipes have to be easy and fast recipes. Busy mom here! Last weekend I tried a new recipe that everyone loved and it could totally be a full meal or just a great appetizer idea to share at the next tailgate party.
Chicken Parmesan Sliders
Free printable recipe here.
1 package of slider buns (I used 10)
1 package of Foster Farms Crispy Strips (1.5 pounds)
2 cups pasta sauce of choice
2 cups shredded Mozzarella cheese
1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
2 TBSP melted butter
1 tsp garlic powder
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare a large baking dish with cooking spray.
2. Prepare Foster Farms Crispy Strips as directed on the package.
3. While the chicken is being prepared, layer the bottom of the buns into the baking dish.
4. Layer cooked chicken strips on top of the buns.
5. Top chicken with sauce evenly.
6. Sprinkle Mozzarella and Parmesan cheese over the sauce.
7. Place bun tops over the cheese.
8. Combine melted butter and garlic powder and brush tops of the sliders with the butter mixture.
9. Sprinkle Italian Seasoning over the sliders.
10. Cover with foil and bake for 10 minutes at 350 degrees.
11. After 10 minutes remove foil and bake for another 10 minutes at 350 degrees.
12. Serve and enjoy while warm and cheese is melty! Yum!!!
Not only was this an easy recipe but it turned out great for our family dinner. I could totally see me making these for an appetizer to share at any tailgating party too. I love using Foster Farms products because it helps me provide home-cooked meals with a little help. Family life is busy but having recipes like this on hand help me feel ready to attack any meal!
This is a perfect option for any upcoming football event you may have on your calendar! Who do you cheer for through out football season? Are you a college fan?
Tackle GameDay with Foster Farms Sweepstakes:
Foster Farms is currently running a fun sweepstakes with a very easy entry. Simply tweet a photo or video using the hashtag #FosterFarmsGameDay sweepstakes and tag @FosterFarms in the tweet, showing how you enjoy their chicken on game day! Easy right? Enter the sweepstakes now!
What is your favorite GameDay recipe to create using Foster Farms products?