One part of Thanksgiving that I will always remember from my childhood is the smells and fragrance of the gathering. We would walk into my aunt's house the aroma of fall, turkey and sweet pie filled our noses. Football on the TV, family enjoying one another - it was like an instant relaxing feeling. As we prepare for yet another Thanksgiving Dinner in just a few days I wanted to think about a way to really make my home fragrant and fall ready.
Crock Pot Cranberry Apple Cider
Free Printable Recipe
Sounds simply amazing right? Well you are right, it tastes so good and is a great twist on the traditional apple cider we are used to. Plus it is super easy to prepare and simmer while your dinner guests begin to arrive. Oh and the fragrance this cider brings to your home is simply perfect for any fall or winter holiday or get together.
32 ounces of non sweetened apple juice
32 ounces of non sweetened pulp free orange juice
32 ounces of non sweetened cranberry juice
1 red apple, sliced
1 navel orange, sliced
1 cup cranberries
5 cinnamon sticks
2 TBSP whole cloves
1. Add apple juice, orange juice and cranberry juice to the crock pot. Mix well.
2. Add cinnamon sticks and cloves to juice mixture.
3. Add apple slices, oranges slices and cranberries to cider and combine well.
4. Set crock pot to low and let cider heat for at least 3 hours.
5. After 3 hours, set to warm to keep cider hot for serving.
6. Cider can be refrigerated for left overs or a cold cocktail drink option. Get creative! Yum!!
7. When serving remove cinnamon sticks and cloves. Enjoy!!
When we made this yummy cider for a small get together we had plenty left. For a smaller group you could cut the ingredients in half. We will be having this on Thanksgiving evening as a sweet treat for our guests.
What new recipe are you hoping to try this Thanksgiving?