The Colorado Ballet Presents - The Nutcracker 2016 |Building Our Story Yum

Wednesday, December 7, 2016

The Colorado Ballet Presents - The Nutcracker 2016

Disclosure:  We were provided with free tickets to view the performance in exchange for our honest review.  All opinions are my own.

This time of the year has to be my favorite time of the year.  Sure it is always a busy time of the year but it is usually filled with fun, events, and so many memories.  Last year Teagan and I started a new tradition of attending The Nutcracker at the Colorado Ballet and she loved it.  I wasn't sure how she would do at sitting for 2 hours at such a young age but this little lady has proved to be our tiny dancer and watched every moment of the performance.

The Colorado Ballet Presents - The Nutcracker 2016, Nutcracker performance in Denver, Colorado Ballet tickets, The Nutcracker Ballet, Ballet in Colorado, The Nutcracker Denver colorado

This year we decided that we had to keep the tradition going but this year we invited my mom to come along with us. A lady date at the ballet - Teagan was so excited. Once again, we got all dressed up and headed to the Ellie Caulkins Opera House downtown.

The Colorado Ballet - The Nutcracker:

Colorado Ballet's 56th annual production of The Nutcracker will feature more than 300 costumes, 31 Company dancers, 25 Studio Company dancers, 76 Academy dancers, scenery by José Varona and timeless choreography paired with Tchaikovsky’s extraordinary arrangement performed live by the Colorado Ballet Orchestra.

Colorado Ballet’s captivating presentation of The Nutcracker remains the ‘gold standard’ because it is largest production of the holiday favorite in Colorado. This larger-than-life holiday tradition continues to be as popular as ever, with nearly all performances sold out in 2015 and 2014. Purchase your tickets early for this dreamy production that features lavish costumes, exuberant dancing, whimsical battles, hypnotizing snow flurries, sumptuous sets, majestic live music and a little bit of magic.

Maria Mosina and Alexei Tyukov - The Nutcracker - By Mike Watson

Performance Information for 2016:

November 26 - December 24, 2016
Ellie Caulkins Opera House
Live Music By the Colorado Ballet Orchestra

There are a number of days and times to enjoy this performance with your family and friends.

Remaining performance dates and times:

Thursday, December 8, 2016 at 7:30 p.m.
Friday, December 9, 2016 at 7:30 p.m.
Saturday, December 10, 2016 at 1 p.m.
Saturday, December 10, 2016 at 6:30 p.m.
Sunday, December 11, 2016 at 1 p.m.
Sunday, December 11, 2016 at 6:30 p.m.
Thursday, December 15, 2016 at 7:30 p.m.
Friday, December 16, 2016 at 7:30 p.m.
Saturday, December 17, 2016 at 1 p.m.
Saturday, December 17, 2016 at 6:30 p.m.
Sunday, December 18, 2016 at 1 p.m.
Sunday, December 18, 2016 at 6:30 p.m.
Tuesday, December 20, 2016 at 6:30 p.m.
Wednesday, December 21, 2016 at 1 p.m.
Wednesday, December 21, 2016 at 6:30 p.m.
Thursday, December 22, 2016 at 1 p.m.
Thursday, December 22, 2016 at 6:30 p.m.
Friday, December 23, 2016 at 1 p.m.
Friday, December 23, 2016 at 6:30 p.m.
Saturday, December 24, 2016 at 1 p.m.

The Ellie Caulkins Opera House is a perfect venue for the ballet because of the great seating all over the venue. No bad seat in the house! We were blessed with some amazing seats that gave Teagan the perfect view of the show. It was fun to see her remembering parts of the performance from last year. She especially loved the Waltz of the Flowers and quickly decided that the "blue flower dress" was her favorite.

Asuka Sasaki - The Nutcracker - By Mike Watson
One tip for small children - pick up a booster seat when walking into the theater. This will help them get an even better view of the show without having them on your lap the whole performance.

It was so much fun continuing this tradition with Teagan and my mom.  I hope that we can do this for many years to come.  It will be a lot of fun to see how Teagan's commentary and reactions change over the years.  This year she decided that the reason boys are in dance class is to lift the ballerinas really high.  So funny!  Also, she told me she is ready to dance on her toes.  Get it girl!

Story of The Nutcracker:

Children and adults will enjoy Colorado Ballet’s 56th annual production of The Nutcracker, featuring fantastic characters, brilliant dancing, exquisite sets, dazzling costumes, classic choreography and Tchaikovsky’s extraordinary arrangement performed live by the Colorado Ballet Orchestra. This enchanting production brings the timeless story to life and transports audiences to lands of wintertime magic and delicious sweets. Whether it is your first time or 56th, you and your entire family will adore Colorado’s most spectacular holiday tradition.

Dana Benton and Francisco Estevez - The Nutcracker - By Mike Watson

With year 2 of the Nutcracker under our belts we are already looking forward to year 3 next December!

Keep up with The Colorado Ballet:

Colorado Ballet Website
Colorado Ballet Facebook
Colorado Ballet Instagram
Colorado Ballet Twitter

Is The Nutcracker ballet a Christmas tradition in your family?

photo signature_zps997af43a.png

12 comments:

1. I adore The Nutcracker! It looks like you three had an amazing time :)

ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun way to do a mommy daughter date! My 5 year-old likes everything ballerina, so she'd probably enjoy it too. Occasionally the Nutcracker comes to Costa Rica. I should definitely check it out.1

ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea. Our oldest son is autistic and is fascinated with classical music and adores the Nutcracker Suite. What a fun day. I don't live in Colorado but you've inspired me to find one near us. Thank you.

ReplyDelete
  4. This looks like a great time for all 3 generations to enjoy. My mom and I are so close and my daughter and I are so close, I know we would all enjoy getting out to something like this together. I love spending time with them and starting a tradition like this one would be so much fun!

ReplyDelete
  5. Awww that sounds like such a lovely time spent with family. Yup! She probably would be a great ballerina too. I remember going to dance school as a child. Was so nice. Great post!

ReplyDelete
  6. Oh how I love the ballet. I grew up dancing and loved it. The Nutcracker is my favorite. I would love to see the Colorado ballet.

ReplyDelete
  7. I would love to see the nutcracker in person. I know that this is something that my daughter would love to see. I am glad you were able to go with your mom and daughter.

ReplyDelete
  8. I love the ballet so much! But the Nutcracker is a my personal favorite ballet. My husband proposed to me after we went to see The Nutcracker. I would love to take all of my daughters to see it.

ReplyDelete
  9. I have never seen the Nutcracker live. Isn't that crazy!?! I think I might just get tickets for the family to attend. It'd be a perfect new family tradition (if I enjoy it this year).

ReplyDelete
  10. That's great that she loved the show! Looks like an amazing show to see in person!

ReplyDelete
  11. The blue flower dress indeed looks nice. I love that shade of blue as it looks nearly like periwinkle. :) It's nice that all of you had great seats so you can fully enjoy the performance.

ReplyDelete
  12. I haven't seen Nutraker and I bet seeing this in live was so much fun and the collarado ballet was so nice.

Get Widget