I was first introduced to this creamy veggie treat when I attended my first Thanksgiving dinner at my now husbands family's Thanksgiving. Ever since then, we have been adding it to our holiday menu. This is a recipe from a restaurant called Gulliver's, they have closed in Colorado but it has been a very loved recipe in Jeremy's family since his grandmother asked the waiter for the recipe while dining at Gulliver's one afternoon.
Gulliver's Creamed CornFree Printable Recipe here.
2 pkgs (20 ounces) frozen kernel corn
1 pint heavy whipping cream
1/2 cup milk
1 tsp salt
6 TBSP sugar
1 tsp pepper
2 TBSP butter, melted
2 TBSP flour
1. Combine the first 6 ingredients into a large sauce pan. (Everything but the butter and flour).
2. Bring mixture to a boil but stir mixture occasionally to prevent scorching and burning of the cream.
3. Simmer for 5 minutes.
4. While simmering, combine the butter (melted) and flour in a small bowl.
5. Add butter mixture to the sauce pan and mix in until completely combined.
6. Remove from heat and serve HOT! Enjoy!!
From start to finish this dish can be made in 20 minutes. It is so good! You will be craving this...I promise! Do yourself a favor and double the recipe if you are on veggie duty this holiday season.
What is your favorite Vegetable dish this time of the year?