Being Colorado natives we are very familiar with winter road emergencies and always prepare every winter for those emergencies. Thankfully, I have never had to use my Emergency Winter Car Kit but you better believe it is always in the back of my car.
Today I am sharing some very important winter weather car tips. This time of the year we enjoy taking trips to the beautiful snow covered Rocky Mountains, which means peaceful rest and relaxation but the drive to the mountains can be a bit stressful at times.
Ah! So beautiful. The winter travel is so worth this view. As Colorado natives we do feel like we are pretty responsible drivers in the winter weather but sometimes the weather interferes more than you would ever expect. Road closures, long travel time, car issues and even accidents can lead to you being stuck in your car for hours in the cold winter weather. Yikes!
Emergency Winter Car Kit
Items to add to your car kit include:
- Jumper Cables
- Bottle of Water
- First Aid Kit
- Cell phone battery block
- Small shovel
- Activities for the kids
All of these items would come in handy anytime of the year but especially important to have for those winter months. As we pack up for our next winter adventure; going to Estes Park Colorado, we will also make sure that our Emergency Winter Car Kit is properly stocked.
While Emergency Winter Car Kits are important to have in your car, it is also very important to make sure your car is winter ready. Sam's Club is a great place to stock up on items to take on holiday trips as well as getting battery and tire tune ups while you shop!
It's like Sam's Club knows the parent struggle - car needs work, we need food, need to pack! AHHHH!! Running low on time! One stop into Sam's Club and we save money, get the car into tip top winter shape and do our holiday travel shopping too!
Snowy and icy roads can play a big part in the winter travel in our area. We are well aware of the importance of appropriate tires when doing daily winter driving but also when doing some extra holiday travel.
Sam's Club wants to make sure that we all have the opportunity for safer winter travel by offering a great savings opportunity on select tire brands until December 24th.
Great deals on tires:
- Michelin - $70 off any set of 4 new Michelin passenger or light truck tires. Ends Dec. 24th
- Goodyear and Pirelli - $80 off 4 new passenger or light truck tires. Ends Dec. 31st
How Sam's Club “Dare to Compare” offer works:
- Bring a valid “all-in” quote from a tire sales and installation retailer to your Sam’s Club Tire and Battery Center service counter. The quote must be printed on dealer/retailer letterhead and dated within the past 7 business days.
- The tire must be the same brand, same line, same load index and speed rating (service description) as the tire intended for purchase at Sam’s Club. Sam’s Club carries some club-specific tire lines – in these cases, Sam’s Club will compare the club-specific tire line to the equivalent general-market tire line.
- Sam’s Club considers the following tire lines to be equivalent and will price match accordingly:
- Club-Specific Tire Model: General-Market Tire Model
- BFGoodrich Touring T/A: BFGoodrich Advantage T/A
- Michelin Defender XT: Michelin Defender
- Michelin X Radial LT2: Michelin LTX M/S2
Before you hit the roads this holiday season, get the best tire brands at the best "all-in" prices, guaranteed.*
Being a Sam's Club Member has a lot of benefits but one that continues to pay off is when you purchase tires through them.
Sam's Club Tire Installation Package*
As long as you stay an active member of Sam's Club purchasing members receive the following benefits and services:
- Tire Mounting
- Tire Lifetime Balancing
- Tire Lifetime Rotation
- A Value Stem
- No Charge Tire Lifetime Flat Repair
- 24-hour Emergency Roadside Service
With new tires, a healthy battery and a stocked Emergency Winter Car Kit - we are set for a beautiful family weekend in the snowy Colorado mountains. Thankfully, by stopping into our local Sam's Club we are now Holiday Travel Ready!
What items would you add to your Emergency Winter Car Kit?
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Sam's Club Auto Dare to Compare.