This time of the year is so much fun - great parties, great friends, great games and GREAT food! The Big Game is always a must watch for our family, always has been. Even if our favorite team isn't one of the teams playing we make sure to have a fun Big Game gathering with our friends and family. "Homegating" for the win! I love coming up with family friendly Big Game Appetizers during this time of the year because I like surprising our guests with something yummy.
This year I decided to twist a favorite of ours into a great finger food option. Corn Dog Muffins. Sounds pretty yummy right? Well, you are correct. These super easy appetizers that every age group will enjoy.
Corn Dog Muffins
Free Printable Recipe here.
1 cup flour
1 cup yellow cornmeal
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup butter, melted
1/3 cup sugar
2 large eggs
6 Ball Park® hot dogs
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Prepare muffin tin with non-stick spray.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, cornmeal, baking soda, and salt.
3. In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together buttermilk, melted butter, sugar and eggs.
4. Slowly pour buttermilk mixture over the dry ingredients and stir well, until completely combined.
5. Prepare Ball Park hot dogs by cutting them in half.
My preference is the Ball Park hot dogs because they are 100% beef, - have no nitrates/nitrites or artificial preservatives, include premier blend of seasonings, and juicy flavor you can see! As always, Tyson Foods is always a crowd pleaser at our homegating parties.
6. Scoop 2 TBSP of cornbread mixture into each muffin cup.
7. Place one hot dog piece into the cornbread mixture.
8. Bake Corn Dog Muffins for 13-15 minutes or until cornbread is nice and golden.
9. Enjoy warm with a side of ketchup.
I have a few cornbread recipes but this one is my favorite. It always turns out yummy, even without the hot dogs and it is really easy to make. The Corn Dog Muffins have turned out to be a hit with every other game day event we have attended. I continue to make them because they take literally no time.
As you plan your Big Game party or gathering make sure you add Ball Park hot dogs, found in the refrigerated section, to your shopping list so you can create this yummy appetizer. While you are at your local Kroger you can also pick up some Tyson® Any’tizers®in the freezer section and Wright® Brand Bacon in the refrigerated section - oh think of the possibilities! These items will allow you to get super creative or allow you to take a break on game day and let Tyson do the work for you. Love that!
As you prepare for the upcoming Big Game make sure you keep Tyson Foods on your list. Tyson Foods is a crowd pleaser as well as a hostess pleaser. Hacks like these delicious and easy Corn Dog Muffins makes for an easy day for a hostess like me!
What Game Day snack hack would you share with your #FanFoodLeague?