I think we are like the typical parents, obsessed with every moment with our kids and so blessed with the technology to get those great memories on "film". Jeremy and I take a ton of pictures of our moments with the kids; two camera phones and the DSLR means photos like woah!
So we do the typical thing that most parents do - post them to social media and save them to the cloud or drive. But...no one ever sees them again. How sad, these memories should be kept and available for people to see in print!
Remember the good old days when we would have to go to the photo counter to pick up our prints? I kind of miss that. I remember picking them up and putting them in to albums and share those memories with our family. As we got older I found the prints less and less interesting but I did start making "Year in Review" photo books using Shutterfly. I still try to do these books every year, though the last few years I have been a slacker - I call that MOM LIFE! Shutterfly gets me and my Mom Life. They have created a way to make our photo memories even easier to create - I know...how is that even possible?
Making the Most of All Those Family Pictures:
Like I said, I have always enjoyed the hard covered photo books by Shutterfly but the hardest part of creating those books is the time it takes to place the pictures on each page. Shutterfly has made a NEW way to make photo books - they literally do it for you! This is a parenting secret we must all share! Shutterfly's Make-My-Book service is the secret and you need to add it to your to do list.
The whole process only took a few minutes of my day, again - Mom Life! I really appreciate this Shutterfly! Back before my mom life days I was a scrapbooking fool. I have scrapbooks for every event of my life. Unfortunately, I just do not have the time to do that anymore but now I know how I will get caught up on the many occasions and years of memories thanks to Shutterfly.
1. Upload your photos. I uploaded 112 pictures for our 2016 Year In Review.
2. Choose the size of your book.
3. Choose your theme and template. I did a very colorful yet a neutral theme to be able to incorporate the whole year of photos.
4. Order the book. This does not cost you any money at this point.
5. A few days later, you will get a review email. This gives you the opportunity to review every single page that the design specialists put together for you.
6. You can requests updates and changes before proceeding to the ordering.
7. Once pleased with the layout - ORDER!
8. A few days later your special book will be on its way!
Our 2016 Year in Review photo book is perfect. The layouts were done with care; I trust those specialists. What a great way to get those special photos into a shareable hard covered photo book in just minutes. I will be working on our 2013, 2014, and 2015 Year in Reviews next. Yes, I am that far behind!!
What pictures of your family do you have waiting for a photo book?